Monday, July 9, 2007

when in doubt, don't be subtle

The authorship awkwardness has ended! In my last post, I mentioned that I was preparing a new report for our dean and one of our state senators. In a not-so-subtle hint that I wanted credit for the preparation of the report, I stuck my name on it...twice. And it seems to have worked. After passing along the final draft to X, he forwarded it to the dean and said that I had written it. Better still, he said that if the senator's office needs more information, they could contact one of *us*.

The question still remains as to whether X realized that he had stolen my thunder regarding the first report to the dean. My guess is that he didn't think of it at the time, but that a very important seed was planted in his mind when he saw my "Prepared by Ivory Shower."

Thanks for your advice and suggestions on my last post :)

No comments: